Friday, August 31, 2012

Completed the professional communication skills course!

The professional communication skills course that I had been taking for the last 12 weeks finished last Tuesday.  I enjoyed it very much and got a lot out of it.

The course was valuable in many levels; it has provided great opportunities for me to learn and practice fundamental communication skills, which help me to not only survive, but also thrive in day-to-day personal and professional life.  

The course trainer and team mentors' sincere support throughout the course was also very encouraging.  It allowed me to develop my potential talents into new strengths, as well as identify and work with my weaknesses.  In the professional yet relaxing environment, everyone seemed to willingly try something that they have never done before, and the results are incredible. 

Working in a team also enabled me to feel to be an integral part of the course.  Weekly reports were great ways to share each other's stories about how we implemented what we learned in the course outside, and reflect upon this from other people's points of view.  In fact, it worked as a good warming up exercise, since it let me to comfortably challenge to change before actually standing up and talking in front of other people. 

Finally, my greatest debt of gratitude must go to my husband who took this course 20 years ago and supported me to appreciate the value of its outcomes...thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment