Friday, July 27, 2012

Happy Friday

It's always nice to come home and just chill out with my son and partner. 

I've had quite a productive week this week - finished off the first draft of my forthcoming English learning book, managed to get this semester to take off smoothly, and started getting a grant proposal for my new research project ready. 
  
From this week, I've started teaching a new course at uni, which I'm very excited about, and so far my students seem very positive and to enjoy discussing and sharing their thoughts on the subject: 'contemporary Japan'. 

During the course, I try to incorporate some of the techniques that I've learned in the professional communication course that I'm taking every Tuesday night into my teaching as much as I can to see how it helps students' learning process.  I've already witnessed how apparently small things like remembering names, listening to students actively and responding to them with positive comments, can change the whole vibe. 

Running the course is a big thing and can be nerve-wracking, but so many things to be learned and so many good things to be brought about.

No comments:

Post a Comment